Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Dometic RM2454RB, 2010 travel lite 800, Not talking about

Dometic RM2454RB
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2010 travel lite 800
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Not talking about lights TRAVEL LITE is the make
JA: What is the model of your '10 RV?
Customer: 800
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dometic refrigerator Model RM2454. will mot turn on. I believe it is a fuse butI am unable to open cover on circuit board to get at fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

D​o you have a small digital multimeter or 12 vDC test light? That would be the quickest way to get to the source of the problem here. On the circuit board, you need a small flat blade screwdriver and insert it into the small slot on the side of the cover. Push the handle in towards the center of the board and it will pop off. Take the small screw out on top of that first. The fuses are inside. One is a 12 VDC fuse and the other is the AC fuse. Let me know what you find and I can assist you further here. All follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit.

See the attached manual link for a copy of the Dometic Service Manual that covers this model. Print this out so you have it. http://www.fourwh.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. I may get back to you after I get the cover off.

If the fuses are good and you don't have any DC power to the board the problem is usually in the thermofuse or hi limit switch on the flue stack. Small black button to push in. The thermofuse usually blows when you have flashback from LP that has too lean a mixture. Adjusting the regulator at the tanks can resolve that or replacing it if it can't be adjusted back into specs.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have not tired LP. The display lights do not light

G​et a 12 vDC test light or small digital meter and this will be much easier to track down.

IF there is no power to the control board then it may be the thermofuse or the hi limit switch as long as there IS power to the junction block where the wires from the coach feed power to the rear of the fridge area.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Took cover off fuse ok. I have a multi tester what next?

Check to see if you have 12 VDC to the lugs on the control board. Do you know how to use the meter?