RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic Unit model: DM2652LBX. It freezes

Customer Question
I have a Dometic...

I have a Dometic Unit model: DM2652LBX. It freezes everything and the book says that the temperature is preset at the factory. What do I do? THX Ron

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

The camper is a 2013.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 RV?

Shadow cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Shadow yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have done nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everything is fine but the fridge.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Normally when the unit freezes everything in the box the thermistor is faulty. One end of the thermistor will plug into the P-2 connector on the circuit board which is located under the outside access panel and the other end is inside the fridge on a back fin under a white plastic sleeve that slides up and down on the fin. Make sure the end that is plugged into the board did not come loose and is firmly connected. IF you were to unplug that it would make the fridge default to full cooling. IF you have a volt meter you can also ohm the thermistor out. Get a cup of ice water and stick the probe end in the cup for about 5 mins go to the circuit board and unplug the two wire connector and ohm the wires going back to the probe end and you should have between 7K and 10K ohms. IF it is not in range replace the thermistor. IF it is in range the next item would be a bad circuit board.

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page..... Robert