RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We just bought a 2017 22,6 ft Surveyor travel trailer brand…

Customer Question
We just bought a...

We just bought a 2017 22,6 ft Surveyor travel trailer brand new 3 months ago from a dealer. First rainfall it was leaking water inside from front left side window. Took it back to dealer,showed him and he said they would look after it.

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

Picked it up today and the dealership sealed the outside of the window with clear silicone never took the window apart to check gasket or replace it .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 RV?

Is this a normal way to fix it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Surveyor built by Forest River

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I do not think that is the proper fix for a trailer still under warranty now the one window has silicone caulking around it and look terrible

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/17/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

C​an you attach a photo of this repair? Use the paperclip icon for that.

Any ideas?

I agree............so what do you need from me? Are you taking the window out or having them redo this?

I am wondering if this should be a proper fix for a window that is leaking on a trailer that still has warranty for a year?

If it had been at my shop I would have taken it out and resealed it correctly. I would ask them to do that for you. Is that where you purchased it?