RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have norcold model N412 I am getting error code "n" I went

I have norcold model N412...
I have norcold model N412 I am getting error code "n" I went outside and took off upper and lower access panels. I don't see a board. Do I need to remove the refrigerator from inside the RV?
9/17/2017
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is the fridge out of level?

Is the fridge out of level?

I am adding a link to some information on this. Print this out so you have it. See the the reset procedure. https://www.arprv.com/norcold-n410.php

the refrigerator is nearly perfectly level

Is this in a slide out? Any yellowish debris about the base of the burner?

It is a model N412 I don't see any debris around the base of the burner
I think it is a slide out model

I​s is usually oveheating of some kind that causes this. Did you read about the reset in that link? Is yours in a slideout or not?

See the attached link for a copy of the Service Manual that is used for this. Print this out so you have it. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/n5051.pdf

I told you, the "n" shows up on the display. I think I need to do a reset. I've read all about it. I can't get to the board to put the jumper wire on second terminal from the right, to ground.

Yes, that would be needed here. What is your control board number? The cover has to come off first.

It is a 2013 model camper. The Norcold has the newer board in it. i can't get to the board to do the reset. Obviously I will have to slide out the refrigerator.

Sounds like you have seen this instruction. See the attached link if you haven't. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/newreset.pdf

I have never seen one that you had to slide out to get to the board. Take a photo of the back of the fridge and attach it to your post so I can see it. Use the paperclip icon for that.

Ok, I need to do reset 1 from the control panel. I need to find the instructions how to do that. The link you sent me doesn't have that info.

That may not work on this model.

I realize that it shows the older style board, but I gave you the newer style version.

I have seen a photo showing where to put the jump wire on the new board, second terminal from right.

Are you going to attach a photo of the rear area of your fridge as seen from the opening in the lower vent?

I'll take a picture of it.

I have never seen one of these Norcold fridges that you had to pull forward to access the control board.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=9e36b38306&view=att&th=15e9264a2f7a31e1&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=1578835214838267904-local0&zw

That link didn't work.........

Use the paperclip icon for this on the page.

can you give me an email address to send the photo to?

We are not allowed to do that except as part of a phone chat. I can make you that offer.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification