RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I hav a 1985 of the Road 5th wheel. I believe there are.

I hav a 1985 King...
I hav a 1985 King of the Road 5th wheel. I believe there are. Holding tanks? One black water tank and two grey water tanks?? I've never heard of having two grey water tanks! Anyways the tank that m kitchen sink drains into has a leak and I don't know how to repair it!! Also when I move it to an RV park how do I go about hooking it up to drain correctly with three tanks??
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: Right now I have the back grey and black eater tanks hooked up 2 my friends city sewer line but the grey water tank for the kitchen just runs off to a hole and bucket. That's the one that is leaking from the tank directly under my 5th wheel and causing a terrible odor. I havta move my 5th wheel very soon and need to not only repair the leak in the tank but also figure out how to hook up all 3 tanks to drain when I get into an t.v. park! Ight at this moment my problem is the leak in the front holding tank. We've tried everything and nothing worked! The best luck we had was with some Flex Seal Tape but it only lasted a couple months!! As old as this 5th wheel is - is there anywhere I could buy a new tank and just replace this one??
JA: What is the model of your '85 RV?
Customer: Its a 1985 28 ft King of the Road 5th wheel with slide out
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes- well I've had a col friends try to fix it. I'm a 66yr old widow on a very low fixed income and can't afford t take it to ar .v. shop for repairs. I've been trying to do the repairs mostly myself but with my arthritis I can't get under it.this is my home that I'm living in year around.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: They have tried different kinds of plumber sealant- that last one being the Flex Seal tape
9/17/2017
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

I have never seen 2 grey water tanks

the one that is leaking may have been the Grey water tank

can you trace the line from the water hook up to the leaking tank ??

I HAVNT either! The fresh water comes in on the backside of my kitchen close to the water heater. The drain tank is directly under my kitchen sinks.I can't figure out why just the kitchen sink would have its own grey tank?? Then back y the bathroom. I have a grey and a black tank which both are hooked up directly to the city sewer line.

Hi

is the tank in the open under the sink

or is it below the floor??

Its below the floor- just like the other two. I have all the manuals (can't understand most of them!) But I can find nowhere where it mentions three holding tanks. I can't afford another charge o talk to you, I'm sorry but I'm 66 on disability and a very low fixed income.

HI

I myself can not do calls,that is JA robot asking

I am in the same shape as you ,except 1 year older

there should be a access door under the trailer to get it out

We can get to the leaky tank , no problem. At least my friend van, I can't get down there. I just need to know what will repair the leak or if I can buy a new tank since this thing is so old??

Hi

If you can get to it

buy this product on line or hardware store Flex Seal

it is amazing , cklick here

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

We tried the Flex Seal Tape which only lasted a few weeks but do you believe the liquid would work better?

HI

I suggest to use the tape

then cover it with the liquid several times drying in between coats

Wayne, RV Mechanic
Oh- that's a good idea- its hard o get the tape to sticksinceits always wet but putting the liquid over it should work?! Thanks Wayne - ill try that and I'm eating you now.
Rating you now

Thank you

Wayne, RV Mechanic