RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need instructions on winterizing 06 flair, 2006 flair

Customer Question
I need instructions on...

I need instructions on winterizing 06 flair

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 flair 34ft

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

Flair

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just need instructions on winterizing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/17/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you use RV antifreeze or just drain the system? Or is this the first time you are doing this? It makes a difference as to how part of this is done.

I​f you are in an area that experiences long periods of temps below about 25 degrees I would use the RV antifreeze method.

I will be using antifreez

Then look on the inlet side of the pump and see if you have a winterizing valve or not. If not, you should add one. FlairIt makes a good one for about $10 or so. Easy to install. That way you can pump the antifreeze right out of the jug and not have to put it into the fresh water tank. Doing this saves you time and money as you don't have to use near as much antifreeze. Do you know if you have one or not?

It would be right next to the inlet filter or if there isn't one, that is were you would install it.

O​nce you have that, you just drain all the water out of the fresh water tank, the water heater and the low point drains. If you don't know where those are located I would contact Fleetwood Customer Service at(###) ###-####and give them your FIN number and have them e-mail you a complete set so you have them. Very helpful to have! Turn on the water heater bypass valves and you are ready to charge the system. Turn on the pump and open one tap at a time and watch for the pink of the antifreeze. When you see that you turn that tap off. Do each one and the outside shower if you have one and the toilet(s) as well. Lastly, you splash some into the drains in the sink and shower. Turn the winterizing valve back to the "use" position and then it is ready to drain and flush next spring. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all followups are included in our one time fee. No time limits.

Don't forget to drain and flush out the waste tanks.......

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!