RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

There is power to the electrical outlet. But nothing will…

Customer Question
There is power to...

There is power to the electrical outlet. But nothing will come on, no lights etc. I've replaced the fuses on the board in side of motor home And still nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes, inside panel ok also

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2005 Damon daybreak

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replacing fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all i know.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/16/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

When you say "nothing will come on" here is that on AC power or DC power?

Either one 50 amp or generator

Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? Usually when there is no AC power from either source the problem is in the automatic transfer switch. We can test that with a meter. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!