RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I tried to reset A five button Dometic Duo Thermostat and it…

Customer Question
I tried to reset...

I tried to reset A five button Dometic Duo Thermostat and it just shows EE how do I get out of this?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: RV
9/16/2017
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The EE is a communication fault between the thermostat and upper control board inside the AC unit. Pull the RJ-11 cable off bother ends and make sure there is no moisture in the plugs. Plug them back in and try the reset again, thermostat OFF, hold the top and bottom buttons at the same time and while holding turn on the thermostat you should see FF once you see FF release and see if it is working. IF it is still not working then you are looking at a cable issue, bad thermostat or circuit board being the problem, the cable looks like a phone cable but it is not the ends are reversed on the cable. Most RV stores can get you the thermostat and cables and I would try that first vs the circuit board for the cost factor. Click HERE for some info on this set up... Hope this helps some, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page.... Robert

HI was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert