RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Gene, I am stuck in Meteor Crater RV park witha Forest River…

Customer Question
I am stuck in...

I am stuck in Meteor Crater RV park witha Forest River 280 DS year 2011, with the rear slide open; I cannot retract it nor open the front main slide

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No codes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

The brake light is on model 280 DS year 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to reset the breakers but no result I tried with the contact on and no engine running no result I am plugged on 110 in the rv camp but no difference with the generator Everything else works

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don t see

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/16/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Whose slide hardware to you have here?

I tried to check in the owner manual but did not find

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I took a break for lunch. Are there tracks on both sides of the rooms or cables? Or are the tracks underneath?

I see cables

Two on each side? That sounds like a BAL Accuslide system. Any noise when you try to move them?

No just nothing no click
I tried to reset the breakers without success

Those are usually close to the batteries. Black button on the end with the copper post that you push in to reset. They get tripped out when the battery voltage is too low for the load. Slideout motors are really huge users of power.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!