RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I own a 2014 Dutch star. Having a issue with the dometic…

Customer Question
I own a 2014...

I own a 2014 Dutch star. Having a issue with the dometic toilet. The tank is not full of black Waste. Wall switch let you fill the tank but it won't flush

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Wall switch let you fill the tank but it won't flush

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 RV?

Dutch star

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Reset power to coach. Also flushed tank. Red light is not on FYI.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Tank full indicator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello
9/17/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault with the tank flush switch/control itself not operating to flush the tank.Unfortunately from here it is difficult to say for sure what needs repaired or replaced to resolve this issue.I would have this checked into/tested further to pinpoint the fault so it can then be repaired to resolve this issue.This may need to be done by a repair facility that works on this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I know it's the switch. Can u please just tell me how to get the toilets to flush by bypassing the switch until I locate another replacement switch. Toilets are full and smell Thanks

Do you know the model number of this toilet?

Dometic series 8700

O.k.,there is no manual flush on this model here unfortunately.This is an electric flush only.The fault has to be repaired before it can be flushed.

Your switch most likely needs to be replaced here to resolve this but I do not locate or see any manual flush procedures on this model here which was a common issue with the toilets that used the macerator pump style system which yours has.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician