RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The batteries were stolen out of my 1989 Fleetwood bounder.

Customer Question
The batteries were stolen...

The batteries were stolen out of my 1989 Fleetwood bounder. I was able to connect an Interstate 700CCA to get the motor started. But, I'm not sure how to connect the other two batteries. Can you help me?

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, what type batteries does he recommend.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/16/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

All these are wired up differently depending on the equipment that each has. Did you have two 12 vDC house batteries are some other configuration? And I would contact Fleetwood Customer Service at(###) ###-####and get the complete set of wiring diagrams for this coach. Be prepared to give them your FIN number. And if you can attach a photo of your wiring there at the batteries I should be able to give you the hookups here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!