RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Occasionally when I'm dry camping, fridge's only option is…

Customer Question
Occasionally when I'm dry...

Occasionally when I'm dry camping, fridge's only option is to run on propane, the fridge works fine through most of the day. At night I'm awaken by the fridge beeping with a "check gas" readout. I check for gas by turning on the stove, immediately next to the fridge and stove lights just fine. I shut off the fridge and then back on, hear the ignitor and after one or two tries it ignites and runs fine for the rest of the night. Often repeats the episode the next night. I camp at higher altitudes if that makes any difference. last weekend at 7,000 ft., not issues. Thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the face of the fridge control panel. Blue readout

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2013 Premier by Bullet. I can provide the VIN if needed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Premier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I would like to if it's a reasonably easy fix. Haven't made any attempts except searching on line for a place to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/15/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.