RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Both hydraulic lines for the bedroom slide-out on my 2002…

Customer Question
Both hydraulic lines for...

Both hydraulic lines for the bedroom slide-out on my 2002 Itasca 35u are leaking at the connection below the coach. I have removed the bed guts inside exposing where the braided steel hydraulic lines come in through the floor. They then go into the sliding "tube" that houses the cylinder. I am not sure how I get to the connections for those 2 hydraulic lines at the cylinder. Is there a step by step process somewhere? I have done quite a bit of searching online, but have come up empty handed. I have been told that new ends can not be put on the hoses beneath the coach. Would like to replace both lines.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

It appears that both hoses have been replaced before. I can tell that it is leaking around the crimping rings that holds the end on both hoses. I had a small leak, and had the RV repair shop here locally take a look at it. They said that they were not able to fix the hoses and that they would need to be replaced. When I got it back, they leaked even worse. I just purchased the RV about a month ago and have only used it once.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 RV?

Itasca Suncruiser 35u

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I followed the two hydraulic lines of three the floor which enter into the area on the bed in that slide out for the rear bedroom. I can see where the hoses come 3 to 4 and then enter the tooth that has the slide mechanism. I'm not sure how to get to the cylinder that those hoses connect to. I would prefer to repair it myself if possible. I am not confident that my local service department knows how to fix it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's my only issue at this point

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/15/2017
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

I believe you need to remove the cylinder sleeve that the hose go thru

The should be bolted to the wall

Once I unbolt that, will it lift straight off or does it slide off of there somehow?

HI

It will slide off

also you can not reuse the hose new ones must be made

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time

I'm not sure that I am going to be able to pull the cover off to expose the hose connections at the cylinder. Do you have a diagram that explains how to remove it?

Hi

I am sorry , no I do not

How should I find the step by step process of replacing those hoses?

Hi

You can contact them and get tech support click here

RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 10 months ago

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time