RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I NEED A gfi FOR A 2002 RAVALATION, fLEETWOOD 2002

Customer Question
I NEED A gfi...

I NEED A gfi FOR A 2002 RAVALATION

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

FLEETWOOD 2002 RAVLATION

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES HE IS HE JUST TOLD ME HE needs a GFI

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just where i can get the part

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/15/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

A​ny hardware would have one. Just be sure you get the same rated amperage. They come in both 15 amp and 20 amp ratings. 15 amp rated GFCI plugs are used on 14 gauge wiring. You can use a 20 amp rated GFCI on 12 gauge wiring. The breaker in the load center has to match the rating here. Pay attention to how you install it as you can get it backwards. The "line" side is where the power comes INTO it and the "load" side is where the power goes OUT of it to the next outlet. Any that are downstream from there are controlled by that GFCI as well. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!