RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a problem with the driver slide on my Winnebago

Customer Question
I have a problem...

I have a problem with the driver slide on my Winnebago adventurer 38.9 the slide drops hard when extending it and is hard to bring back in

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Model 38.9 Winnebago adventurer 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 RV?

Adventurer 3 slide

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is an hydraulic system

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: RV
9/14/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That sounds like something has come loose in the tracks. I would have a mobile tech come and take a look at this for you. Whose slide hardware is this? HWH or Power Gear? Or Lippert?

All I know is it is hydraulic

What is the name on the touchpad?

There is no touch pad only a switch on the dash

Then it is a Power Gear or LCI unit. Can you hear any motor noise at all? If not, then the fuse is probably blown on the control board if it has a Power Gear slide. 25 amp SloBlo type. They can put this almost anyplace. I don't see them shown on the wiring diagrams. LCI didn't use a module on theirs. I do see some harness leads on the wiring diagrams. See the attached link. I don't show a fuse or breaker listed for the slides like the later diagrams show. You might need to call Winnebago Customer Service for some guidance here. It can be a loose connection at the switch or the switch itself. A 12 vDC test light or small digital multimeter would be helpful here. About $5 or so and $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. You might also enlist the help of a mobile tech to come and check this out. Slide diagnosis can be very difficult from afar. So many different companies and models. If you need that Winnebago information let me know. I can also opt out of this if you would like another opinion on this. My goal is to help you find a solution the best and quickest way possible. Please let me know if I can be of more assistance as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2005/05_g38g_wire_151275.pdf

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!