RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold nx641. I have a new power board and optical…

Customer Question
I have a Norcold...

I have a Norcold nx641. I have a new power board and optical board. But the refrig won't turn on. Please help me.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

GMC motorhome 1977

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

75,000, automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '77 RV?

Ela gonza

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm fixing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Checked all fuses replaced the power board

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/14/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you have small digital multimeter so we can do some testing? About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can supply a manual and guide you in some tests to get to the root of the problem. I am understanding that the display won't come on the optical?

Were the part numbers of the new optical and board the same as the ones you took off?

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!