RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

We have a Dometic RM4605 Type RA/RM-2D Serial No MB41400148,

We have a Dometic RM4605...
We have a Dometic RM4605 Type RA/RM-2D Serial No MB41400148
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: We have a Dometic RM4605 Type RA/RM-2D Serial No. MB41400148. The fridge goes to fault most nights when running on gas. Usually about 9pm and will not go back into running till approx. 9am. First dealer pulled out burner and found no faults. Second agent suggested house batterys possible running down. Have run charger all night and house battery stays between 13.0 and 13.2 volts measured by different voltmeters. Fridge still goes to fault. Restart fridge and burner does not try to light and after 3 to 5mins goes to fault. HELP --- Caravan is a Crusader 2014 purchased 2015
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The fault light on front panel left of thermostat setting lights
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Crusader Excalibur built 2014 purchased 2015
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: After two agents failed I moved the temperature sensor a little closer to the flame. You can hear when the burner does try to light and it does not do so prior to going out on fault. Cools well during the day.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
9/14/2017
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here it sounds like the cooler temps in the evening are causing a propane shut off issue.This can be the control valve for the propane for the fridge acting up in the cooler temps at night.I have seen some of these valves fail like this here before needing replaced.The only way to be sure is it will need to be tested at the cooler temps at night to see if this is the cause.I would ask the dealer to check it either late in the evening or early early am to see if this is the cause here.I have had to ask some of my customers if they can leave theirs for a day or more so I can continue to re check it.If you have already left it for more then a couple of days ask them to leave the fridge running and re check it in the evening and very first thing in the am to see if they can see the issue occuring and correct it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
2 Days ago I switched from 240 volt to gas at 6 am. After a minute or 2 it dropped out on fault.
I then heated the gas solenoid valve and adjoining pipe work with a hair drier for approx. 5 mins.
After turning fridge off and then back on, it still went to fault after two mins.
Will try again when free early in the morning. If no luck will take it to another agent and explain.
thanks.

It definitely sounds like cooler temps is the cause here for this issue.It is causing a gas flow fault or an issue with the circuit board/panel that controls the fridge as temps can affect weak components like this here.You may have to have this tested further by a facility with the correct diagrams and info for this model here unfortunately.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician