Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Have a customer with a trailer slide out. It's one of those

Have a customer with a trailer slide out. It's one of those that raises up and sits back down at the end of travel where a little piece of carpet over the lower floor. See the attached picture. There are Teflon or nylon or plastic rub bars under the slide that travel over the lower carpet. I other words, the slide appears to rest on the carpet as it travels back and forth.The customer wants to install linoleum everywhere. I'm afraid the slide will scratch the linoleum as it travels back and forth.Have you faced this before? Any ideas?Bill

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That is correct. They design the rollers on slideouts so they are rolling on soft material as they don't damaged the flooring and they are quiet. That vinyl will be messed up quickly in most cases and they would have to be so careful not to allow any grit or dirt on there as it will catch under the roller and scratch the flooring. Not a good idea. In my shop I try to discourage that sort of installation. Hope that gives you some direction here. Please get back to me if you need more as all followups are included in our fee.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Trouble is my customer is insisting. Wish I could come up with a solution. I don't see enough room to do some kind of rollers. Maybe I can make the slide itself support the room?

Use a hard vinyl and tell them they have to be sure and keep the floor spotless and not dirt or grit or it will mark it up. Hard to change the design of the slide. Maybe use a piece of carpet on there face down to help support it when they move the room.