Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Rv house batteries over charging whin plug in to power, yes

Customer Question

rv house batteries over charging whin plug in to power
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: yes it shows 13.9
JA: What is the model of your '13 rv?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnected the battery for six hrs. shows 8.5
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

What is the make and model of your charging system? 13.9 VDC is about right on the charging voltage, but not if that is constant. It should taper down to barely 13 VDC when the batteries are fully charged. If they are dropping down that fast then either they are failing OR you have a drain on them. If you have a small digital meter (and it appears you do) then we can test for this. Most places that sell batteries can load test them for you. Batteries usually last about 3 years on most RV applications. Get back to me with this information and I can assist you further here. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!