Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have an RM2510.2RX refriger, I have an RM2510.2RX

Customer Question

I have an RM2510.2RX refriger
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: I have an RM2510.2RX refrigerator in a 1993 Veri-Lite truck camper.The unit was new in 2016,MFG No958530491,SER62687711.
JA: What is the model of your '93 RV?
Customer: No model
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When I lit the fridge on LP it did not cool below 52deg,after 3days on the road (dial on max) we were stopped I switched to electric,it went down to 36deg over night.We went back to LP and it stayed at 36deg.Why?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: I'am not talking about lights -REFRIGERATOR-Mod 2510.2RX
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

It can take 6 hours or longer to stabilize the temps when it hasn't been on in a long time. The cooling mixture can separate from sitting. If you haven't had the LP working pressure checked at the tank regulator recently that should be done. Low pressure can cause poor cooling. Hope that gives you some direction here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The camper sat for 3wks.I always turn off the LP when not in use,but I turn it on 2 days before use.Should I not turn off the LP?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

O.K. to turn it off, but have the pressure checked at least once a year. When you turn it back on run the stove top burner for a few minutes so it will equalize the pressure in the system. Try to start the fridge and run it for a few hours every month if you can. Lasts much longer that way.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust checking back in to see how this was going and if you still need some assistance with this?