Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Thermofuse keeps tripping and shuts off fridge. it is very

Thermofuse keeps tripping and shuts off fridge. it is very loose also. this is for a dometic DM2652
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Larado 2012 or 2013 by Keystone
JA: What is the model of your '12 RV?
Customer: I think 298RE 2013
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: change circuit board then found that the thermofuse was tripped reset and it came back on but only for about an hour then tripped again
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Is the fridge level? Any yellowish debris around the base of the burner area?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it has been sitting for awhile and ran on 120v while parked. May not have been perfectly level but close
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never noticed anything at base. Not sure if it is blocked up or not. Read that I need to see if both side are warm or if one is hot and other is cool

If the flue is hot and the boiler is cool then it is plugged up and that is usually from being operated out of level. When you can check that let me know what you find. It can be from some other issues as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok if it is plugged up is there a fix

Only to replace the cooling unit. Pretty expensive, but not that hard if you are somewhat handy with tools.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok i'll check

10-4

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I have run the fridge now on propane and not electric for the last 2 hours and it had not tripped. I also have begun to here a little fan motor kick on and off every few minutes. Was wondering if this is a good sign. When running on 120v it would trip after an hour.

Yes, that is a good sign. If the cooling fan is working that will help for sure.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I'll keep you posted. I'll run it again longer on Saturday. I think it's because it sat for awhile.

Maybe the chemicals needed to remix. That can be the case if it sits for a long perior of time or is out of level.

G​et back to me if this doesn't keep running and we can run some more tests. and please don't forget to enter in a Star Rating at the top of the page as that is the only way I get credit from the site for the time spent assisting you with this question. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You got it you have been very helpful

Thanks!