RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Which coil do I need for a 1990 coachman catalina 6.8 l

Customer Question
Which coil do I...

Which coil do I need for a 1990 coachman catalina 6.8 l V-10?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

Coachman Catalina 1999

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '90 RV?

1999 Coachman Catalina, V-10, 6.8 liter engine. Do I need to get more info for you?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

33'

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ordering for my mechanic.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank youo

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/13/2017
RV Mechanic: Roy Belding, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, RV Mechanic

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

does this have coil over plugs or a single coil for all the plugs???

each plug has individual coil

ok, any parts store carries these coils. I will get you a picture of what you need.

remember, you have 10 coils. one for each cylinder

Roy

this is beginning to look like a rip off guys!! Can you answer the question or not? I am not working on the engine I am ordering the part
I am waiting for a parts number. I am not buying from Advanced

ok who are you buying from??

you are saying that for the Coachman 1999 V-10 6.8 it is exactly the same as for the 1999 Econoline Super 450?

that is correct. ford only made 1 coil for the V10 no matter what vehicle it was in

Roy

OK, The reason I am concerned is that I was told that while the COIL is the same the housing for it is shaped differently or something...some may be straight at the top and some angled or curved or something like that?

they are all angled to fit on the intake correctly. the tube is straight and the mount is off at a slight angle. they are all the same all the way through the 2000's

Roy

The mechanic is probably fine. I will not know until I get the part. What I DO NOT LIKE IS THE BAIT AND SWITCH BULL -SHIT ! When I BOUGHT...actually sent the payment...you were hurrying me telling me the mech was WAITING for me. Then you made it sound like you would send the info at a later date UNLESS I PAID FOR PHONE CALLS. This is bull shit on the part of your company. And is absolutely not ethical. So we will see.

I do not work for the web site. we are sub contractors and have no control over pop ups you get. we get a small portion of what you paid the site when you accept our answers.

I would respond to customer service with your complaints about the pop ups.

I am here only to help

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 5 stars so the site will pay me for my efforts. We only get paid when you accept our answers

Roy