peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1997 Damon 30 ft motorhome. The windows all have

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Damon 30 ft motorhome. The windows all have these red things that lock the windows shut. Over time they are all breaking. Where can I get replacements for them. I realize they may need to be drilled out. PS I'm in Canada
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '97 RV?
Customer: don't know, but it is the 30 foot model
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like to, but haven't done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are these the red handle ends you are speaking of at the end of each handle as shown below or similar?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctutsa8mpcfs6u4/lo-09-13.jpg?dl=0

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no. they are sliding windows
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello, you still there?

Is there any way you can take a picture of these and upload the picture here at all of the windows and the locks you are speaking of?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
just a moment. I'm loading pics on my computer

No problem

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
here's a couple pictures. hard to take a clear picture of the mechanism. I just need toknow where if possible I can get replacement parts

O.k.,it may be difficult to locate the locks you need for this but one place you can try is in the link below.They offer several window designs and should be able to help either obtain the locks you need or may be able to direct you to a facility that has these locks.

http://www.pellandent.com/RV_Products_List.aspx?CategoryID=163

You can also try camping world in the link below as they are usually most popular for finding these parts.

http://www.campingworld.com/category/entry-door-hardware/638

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete