RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a clogged toilet in my RV and I have tried everything…

Customer Question
I have a clogged...

I have a clogged toilet in my RV and I have tried everything I can think of to unclog it with no success. Who do I call to look at it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

1989 Ford Cutaway motor home

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

It's an automatic and i

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '89 RV?

Less than 100k for miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

RV drano and lots of boiling water. I tried a snake but I couldn't get it to work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just how to unclog it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/13/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Thank you, ***** ***** do you need
Let's try this first
what other info do you need

The most effective product I have found is made by Happy Camper and is called their "Extreme Cleaner" and it is almost always 100% effective. It can be purchased on Amazon. Another way to do this is with a HydroFlush and clip on dump vavle that you can install from the outside and fush backwards to get any clog out at the tank exit. You do have to be careful when doing this. Valterra makes those. I think Amazon has those as well. You do have to be careful about mechanical means as the tanks are brittle and can be broken easily. That would be expensive. Try that and get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Can you get the product anywhere else other than amazon

Directly from them on their website and your local dealer may stock it.

J​ust checking back in to see if you were able to find Happy Camper in your area?