peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2007 country Coach with a 3000 series Allison

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2007 country Coach with a 3000 series Allison transmission, when I start the engine in the morning the trans light comes on. If I drive 100 feet turn off engine and restart the trans light goes out and Coach runs perfect
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Inspire 360 with a cat c9
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With the trans light coming on this usually indicates the computer has detected a fault with one of the transmission components causing this issue here.This sounds to be an electrical sensor or component not sending a proper signal when cold or on the first start.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can read all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.

If the transmission is shifting properly and there are no issues it is most likely a minor fault like the transmission temp sensor sending a false signal needing replaced.But the codes do need checked to locate which component is at fault needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete