Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

93 winnebago brave and coach batteries draining slowly over

Customer Question

93 winnebago brave and coach batteries draining slowly over 2 weeks; dealer told me to use the battery disconnect but I do not find one in the battery compartment which is where he said it should be
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: no leakage that I can see and do not have a voltmeter; batteries were recently charged over a two day period by the Interstate battery dealer that I purchased them from; I have disconnected them for now and will use the switch on the dash to charge them on our upcoming trip....
JA: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far; recently had a failure on the highway going to N.H.; got 35 miles out and unit died; had to have towed to a truck repair shop and failed starter was rebuilt; entry steps wont go in or out and to costly to repair.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe that is it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

The battery disconnect solenoid switch is usually on the end of the counter by the entry door or on the over head by the door. Some are on the left hand side of the dash. Most say "Use" and "Store" on them and have a red light showing when the batteries are in the loop. If you need more here, please get back to me as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!