Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2011 Honda civic was in an accident and had to replace

Customer Question

2011 Honda civic was in an accident and had to replace driver seat belt retractor. When replacing i noticedthe seatbelt was a passenger side seat belt but i made i fit plugged in the sensor and everything seamed fine. Belt was loose wasnt locked up lime the last one.but as soon as i start the car seatbelt locks up.reset code for seatbelt but still shows same code. Wondering if the car knows that its a passenger side seat belt.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

The car does not know you have hooked up the wrong retractor but the retractor is made to work mounted in a certain way and angle. That is why the incorrect one is not working in your case. The internal parts in the retractor are not aligned correct and sending this warning code.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm wondering if is the seatbelt buckle because I took the passenger seat belt and put it into the drivers Side buckle and when I pulled the driver seat belt It was locked even with the car off so what it looks like is any seat belt that goes into that buckle is lacking that seatbelt so maybe the buckle is sending some kind of signal to the car or computer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What are your thoughts on that?

The buckle can be damaged in a collision and need to be replaced. It all depends on the impact intensity.

What is preventing you from getting the correct retractor, can you not return it to the dealer and get the correct one?

What codes still remain?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris