RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just bought a freedom elite 2018 rv and the refrigerator…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a freedom elite 2018 rv and the refrigerator has a mind of its own whether it wants to work or not. Have taken it back to dealer 3 times and they can't seem to find the problem I think it's in the main power switch. As soon as I plug camper up it comes on without turning it on. Is it suppose to

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Bought it at camping world in Shreveport and have taken it back to them 3 times but still but still not working correctly. Sometimes u turn it on it works fine. Next time it might cool one day and not cool anymore till unplugged. Next time it may never start to cool. Trying to come up with reasons why may not be working Main power switch want turn off if plugged up. Is it supposed to be that way

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/12/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

What is the make and model of this fridge? Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? That way we can track down the problem. All follow ups are included in our fee. I do have an RV repair shop and work on these all the time.

Norcold N611rt

Is this the one that is the single button and no display?

Off in middle. Left is auto right is gas. Green light for on which works even if fridge does not get cold and yellow for gas

When it won't cool........is the fridge level or not? Same on either mode? And when it comes on by itself, is one of the lights on or not?

Not perfectly level but down n front 2 inches maybe. When u turn frig to auto green light comes on whether frig cools or not light is always on

You are allowed 3 degrees maximum. When this light is on you need to go out and see if the boiler area is warm or not. We need to find out if the problem is between the control in front and the control board in back. Can you turn it on now?

Just pulled rv up on blocks n front to make level and have turned it on Will let u know shortly if it starts to work

10-4