RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just purchased a slightly used 268RKSR TT. I have two

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a slightly used 268RKSR TT. I have two problems. The first is that I lose a lot of fresh water when traveling. The second is the fresh water gauge reads empty when tank is full can you help me with solutions for this?

Mechanic's Assistant: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?

I was be followed by my friend to a camping spot and he said water was coming from between left wheels

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your TT?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your TT yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will probably do the repair myself

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
9/12/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have not water inside the camper/rv here this indicates the leak is most likely coming from the tank itself.If it were an internal leak or hose leak there would be water leaking on the inside flooding out the floor.

I have seen where the tank can crack and cause this issue with the tank needing removed and resealed or replaced or where the level sensor is seated in the tank this can cause a leak with the sensor needing replaced to both resolve the leak issue as well as the empty gauge reading.The empty gauge reading is caused by a faulty level sensor.

The tank will have to be removed and inspected to then see if the tank itself needs replaced or just the sensor to correct both issues here.My info is not showing the exact procedure but usually you want to remove all water/drain it.Remove any protective shield below the tank and then disconnect the fill and feed hoses from the tank and loosen and remove the bolts that hold the straps that hold the tank in and lower the tank out.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I filled the tank last night and there are no drips from it today, the sensor appeared to be working last week. what about the overflow hose could this be to low on the 268RKSR

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others see you have requested a call and may still call on this here.I can however continue here.

It is possible if this model came equipped with the over flow hose assembly as some just spit out excess from the fill spout.My info isnt showing anything on this fresh water tank on your model here.I would have the tank checked for any issues as it may only be sloshing out of the top of the tank when driven or from the over flow if it is found to be hanging to low.In most cases though an over flow hose connects to the top of the tank and only allows excess out from an overfill or pressure from hot temperatures outside when over filled so I dont think this really is the cause.I suspect the level sensor seal at fault or an issue with a crack at the top of the tank itself.In either case though the tank will need removed to access and replace the sensor then the tank can be inspected from there.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated
Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician