RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The furnace isn't producing hot air. It was recently

Customer Question
The furnace isn't producing...

The furnace isn't producing hot air

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

No. It was recently winterized though.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2018 Freedom Express Special Edition

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Special?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Special yourself? What have you tried so far?

Setting thermostat to auto and furnace mode.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is the first time I've tried to run the furnace

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/12/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

W​hat is the make and model number of your furnace? Does it come on and just not ignite? If this has no been used before or for some time, it can take a few tries to get the LP pressure up in the line. You may have to cycle it 4 or 5 times to clear that. Get back to me with the above information and I can assist you further here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!