peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

99 Bounder, heater fan, back up camera, load leveler control

Customer Question

99 Bounder, heater fan, back up camera, load leveler control panel lost power.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: Consistent
JA: What is the model of your '99 RV?
Customer: 36S w/Ford Chas is and Ford V10 engine
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, replaced relay on CB 115 Rev A board
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The instrument panel gauges worked off and on prior to above problem, now seems to work each time ignition is on. I don't think the two issues are related.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any blown fuses this needs done to see if any fuses are found to be at fault needing replaced for this issue here.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. then I would have the wiring checked leading from the fuse panels for any wiring found to be shorted or damaged needing replaced or repaired as well as this can cause this fault.If this is all checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The basic testing has been completed, ck fuses and wires. Checking the wiring diagram shows a common denominator, the failed items outlined all go thru the Fleetwood PC board. The Fleetwood service recommended checking the relay on that board, decided checking for burn marks and replacing was equal work as testing it. This did not fix the problem therefore was looking on line for replacement board. Just answer popped up stating they had master RV mechanics with hundreds of hours experience. Therefore engaged you service hoping they had run across this before.

The control board is a common component to fail and can cause this fault here.I have had to replace the control board before for issues similar to this.You will have to remove it to locate the model or part number on it then search that part number to locate it.If you can get me the part number off of it I should be able to locate it for you.There are several different designs and models so this does have to be checked to locate it this way.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As previously replied, this info is basic and obviously completed prior to engaging your service. You should realized that from my initial information requested at the start.

Let me open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete