Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am trying to find the trouble codes for my norcold rv

Customer Question

I am trying to find the trouble codes for my norcold rv refrigerator, it blinks 6 times and then pauses and again 6 times
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Model n811lt, it is in a 2009 Toy hauler
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is easy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I put in a new power board,
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Go to the flue canister which is the vertical pipe where the heating takes place and check the canister for a high limit and make sure it is not tripped, below is a picture of what you are looking for. IT will be about the size of a quarter and have a tiny button in the center that pops out when it trips. You should have continuity through the disc if it is good. The only time I have seen a 6 code is when that high limit is tripped.

Let me know if you need more help on this and please respond back here and not to the other question you opened on this.

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page...

Robert

High limit.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just put my ohm meter on it and it zeroed out
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

So you have continuity through it? You can also bypass it as well and see if it turns on. Follow the wires back to the board and make sure there is also not a Diode between the flue and circuit board. Some will use one in addition to the thermal fuse. Check to see if you are getting voltage to one side of the disc, if not follow that wire back... Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It turned on and started running on l.p. all by itself but after 10 minutes the lights all went out on the board on the refrigerator
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

OK

Make sure you do not blow a fuse on the board. Also it is really important you have good clean DC voltage going into the board, the DC voltage should be around 12 volts, check all your connections on the board and make sure nothing is loose, it could also be a problem with that upper display panel if you have voltage in and out of the high limit and at the board.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert