Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My Dometic furnace will not work. The tank is full, it is

My Dometic furnace will not work. The tank is full, it is on, the thermostat is set to furnace and fan (auto), yet I can't get the furnace to work. I have a 2012 Voltage 3795 Toy Hauler
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: voltage toy hauler, 3795, 2012
JA: What is the model of your '12 RV?
Customer: 3795
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not fixing myself. Checked fuses, made sure all basics are set properly (switches turned on, etc...)
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I located one It is by the first entrance/exit door inside, underneath the tv. I don't know where the other is located.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I turn on the thermostat, the ceiling fan (?) runs, and the floor heat does too, for a minute, then it shuts off. I can hear what sounds like a diesel engine outside after it shuts off, when it seems to be trying to come back on or run.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Randall. I am Roni... I have a 2012 Dutchman Voltage 3795. What other information would you like?

Is this a Single Zone Thermostat? Check to be sure that the fan mode is on "Auto" and not Hi or Low. If it is set correctly, then the control box sounds like it is defective. That comes as a complete kit with a new thermostat. Shop around as the price varies. Let me know if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

And is this a white or black version? If you need a part number please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a dual zone, set at zone 1, and the fan is set to auto. Does it matter if the fan is program 1 or 2? Where would I begin to look for the control box? Black version. Yes, I do need a part number please.

Yes, it would make a difference. Make sure you know which Zone number the furnace works on. I can get you a part number and get back to you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
a part number please

The thermostat is part number(###) ###-####000 and the control kit is(###) ###-####000 and shop around as the price varies. Someplace around $200 for the two of them.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to get those parts and get this resolved?