Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My domestic 9100 (14 mos. old) retracts but while the

My domestic 9100 (14 mos. old) retracts but while the forward front and back channels lock into place the rear channels don't. They come up about an inch or two short of being tight so they are a little "floppy". Is there an adjustment I can make?

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​s this a power awning? In not, are you sure about the model number?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The manual provided by Giant RV is for a 9100. It is a power awning.

I can call you as soon as Customer Service clears your payment. It may be a Fraud Alert issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Skip phone call and just answer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Apparently it is, please cancel call and just answer via this text.

P​ower awings are preadjusted. I am not sure from your description about them "being floppy" and that doesn't happen unless they are bent or the tension shocks aren't working properly. These legs are sold all as one piece and are not available as separate parts. Not the greatest deal, but Dometic is like that on many of their systems. One Heat pump they sell for $1,200 has no spare parts!

You might be able to drill some new holes and take that "floppy" out. In the shop we have do that sort of thing sometimes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't make some kind of adjustment for the tension arms?

No. Unless you do them yourself. Sounds like the shocks have compressed some. I would drill some new mounting holes on the sides and correct that. Not a great design and lots of motor issues.

See the attached link to the User's Guide............no adjustments! http://www.primetimerv.com/download/ComponentManuals/Awning-Electric-A%26EDometic-UserGuide.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks.

I save all my old used ones for spare parts. Otherwise it is a whole new set of arms. And you are most welcome! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.