RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My 2000 37 foot winibago dash air is stuck on defrost in

Customer Question
My 2000 37 foot winibago...
My 2000 37 foot winibago dash air is stuck on defrost in need to charge the air but it will not switch to max air I have a vacuum line broken some were can u help me out Thank you lee Calimesa ca
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I just bought it to weeks ago had to replace some hard vacuum lines that were broken
JA: What is the model of your '00 RV?
Customer: Winnebago adventure
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm a gear head I'm fixing it myself it has a vacuum ball I replaced the 3/16 hard line from the ball under the dash but I see on the divers side a box with wire pug on top and a vac line to it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: RV
9/12/2017
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

What chassis is your RV built on?

Ford with v 10

Below are links to the vacuum diagrams.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3ekm0s6zy41ja7/vac1.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frka847waf5u958/vac2.pdf?dl=0

The first test will be to see if the supply line to the HVAC has vacuum with the engine running. You need to see 15 inhg or more. This will tell us if the leak is before or after the HVAC control.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

On max air I have defrost and vent on now bad vac hose I found

I can not make sense of your reply?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic