gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Right brake light stays on when not connected to tow vehicle

Customer Question

right brake light stays on when not connected to tow vehicle or main 12v battery
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: trailer is one and ahalf years old only been towed twice for a total of 367miles
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 248 RBS
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I,m looking at it myself the information given to me at time of purchase does not tell me where the battery for the brake system is located
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: where would the brake fluid fill be?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

That would tend to indicate a problem in the cord plug or at the J-box where all the leads are hooked up OR something shorted out. It has to be getting power from some source. If the batteries are disconnected and the tow cord is too, then that can't happen unless you are plugged into shore power. Is that the case here?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!