Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Jayco Grayhawk 2015. The bedroom slideout starts

I have a Jayco Grayhawk 2015. The bedroom slideout starts out fine but near the end it starts to shutter.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yep and it is plugged in right now
JA: What is the model of your '15 RV?
Customer: grayhawk mv29 i think
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am just getting ready to hit the road was going to load up when this started. Thought I better try to figure out what is going on before forcing or leaving.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was having issues with the front door not wanting to shut, of course it works now but I was thinking the dealer negelected to tell me that the jacks needed programing and now that the door works I'm wondering if that was more of a leveling issue as this may be?

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks

That can be from low voltage or a lack of lubrication or both. One battery or two? Plugged into shore power or not? And do you know whose slide hardware this is? Tracks or cables on the sides of the room? Get back to me with this information and I can assist you further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1 battery
plugged into my 120 in my driveway
no, whatever Jayco uses in 2015
track
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello?

One battery is going to give you trouble

Tracks on the sides or underneath? If underneath you need to lube them up with slide rail lubricant on a regular basis.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll check
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On the side

And get some wiper seal lubricant for the seals all around the sides, top and bottom. Thetford makes a good one for both of these. Get another battery in there. Slide out motors are power hungry and use a lot of power and can suck one battery down quickly. Any RV with slideouts should have at least two batteries and be plugged into shore power when moving them. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all followups are included in our fee.

If they are on the side, this is a Lippert Schwintek systems and those can be troublesome. I see these questions every day here. Use some silicone spray on those tracks. Wiper seals need to be lubricated each time as a rule. Definitely need all the power you can get from the batteries.

Find the control module and have some extra fuses handy. When I get to my computer here shortly I can get you a good trouble shooting video.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you

You are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm thinking my big foot automatic leveling system is not programed right, throwing the whole rig out of square. The side out initially giving me problems was the rear. Now the front did not close square. Took the unit off the jacks and they both shut properly.What do you think?

T​hat can happen. It may need to be reset on the zero points. See the attached link for that video on the system. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lippert+schwintek+video&view=detail&mid=3945D01532C2BEAC014D3945D01532C2BEAC014D&FORM=VIRE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks!

You are most welcome!

See the attached link for the Bigfoot system and their support links. http://www.thebigfootleveler.com/support2.html

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yep I don't think it was programmed after the battery died this winter

That would do it. If the system isn't properly zeroed out then it won't lift evenly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks!

You are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer and it would be appreciated if you would take the time to enter in a Star Rating at the top of the page as that is the only way I get credit from the site for the time spent assisting you with this question. Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Randall I have another question for you. I am now getting the edge of the carpet soaking up "water" from the floor. This is the edge where the carpet meets the hallway floor. The shower is on one side of the hallway and the john on the otherside. I think the tanks are under the floor there.

That should be asked as a new question. Follow ups are for those things associated with the original question and solution. Thanks!