Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The domestic gas oven ignites ok. I hold in the knob for 3

Customer Question

The domestic gas oven ignites ok. I hold in the knob for 3 minutes and the flame goes out as soon as I real ease the knob. The lid on top of the stove is in the correct position. The grill and hot plates are working ok. Any idea regarding the oven? Thank you. Robyn
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Yes same as usual. The frig and hot water are on power at present.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Millard Tourer 11 months old
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked and swapped gas bottle just in case it was the bottle. This problem has just happened as I am wanting to do some baking. We do not use the oven very much
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a domestic outlet in Alice Springs? We also have a problem with our domestic toilet consul. The only light that works is the one when the cassette is full and removed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

T​hat can be caused by LP working pressure that is too low. I would have that checked and it takes a manometer to do that. Can you give me the model number of this stove?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!