gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a Fleetwood blunder. When you flush the toilet there

Customer Question

I have a Fleetwood blunder. When you flush the toilet there is a secondary valve that opens. The valve won't open on either of my toilets. I have emptied the black tank and it still won't open
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: It's a 2015 with maybe 5000
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turning water off. Flushing the black tank. Hot water in the toilets which doesn't really help if the cable doesn't ipen
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think there is a clog somewhere in the line because I don't use my second toilet and it's backed up into there too. Need to figure out how to get the valve to open to clear the clod
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

What is the make and model of each of these toilets? Have you been putting water and chemical back into the tank each time you empty the tank?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have 500 plus series Sealand. 706 model vacuflush. And yes I add water and chemical
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

I​n my shop we use Happy Camper Extreme Cleaner to get any clogs out and broken down. It takes a few hours, but is very effective. Totally "green" as well. I am adding a link to Amazon where you can purchase it if your local dealer doesn't stock it. https://www.amazon.com/EXTREME-CLEANER-Happy-Campers-Extreme/dp/B00DKDFVVC

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do I get it into the line when the second valve won't open?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

You would have to take that toilet off. Which one is that?

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Do you have the User's Manual for this model? If not, see the attached copy link. They recommend replacing parts in these every 3 years. I personally don't care for this model for that reason. The older styles are have way less problems. http://www.southerncalmarine.com/products/sanitation/sealand-vacuflush-systems/sealand-vacuflush-toilets/sealand-500--700-series/500-series-manual.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the owners Manuel. What I don't have is the electrical grid to the Fleetwood. Do you have any idea where the fuse would be located for the pump?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

No. I would contact Fleetwood Customer Service at(###) ###-####and give them your FIN number and have them e-mail you a complete set of wiring diagrams. Might want to get the plumbing diagrams as well. Very helpful here have. I have to do this in my shop when I need some help locating these.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.