Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I THINK iNEED A REBUILD ON MY 1973 GMC 455 26FOOT ENVINE,

Customer Question

i THINK iNEED A REBUILD ON MY 1973 GMC 455 26FOOT ENVINE
JA: What is the model of your '73 GMC?
Customer: SEQUOIA 26 FOOT
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO I WANT SOME ONE CLOSE TO SACRAMENTO TO INSTAL A REBUILT ENGINE
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: auyomatic with 160000 miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Did you check on any shops in the Sacramento area? Are you buying a rebuilt engine or having yours rebuilt? There should a a lot of shops in that area that can do this. Check any out on Better Business Bureau to see if they have a good reputation. Get a written estimate first. I would get at least 2 and maybe 3 estimates. Ask some of the RV dealers who they would use if they don't do this at their shop or dealership. Hope that helps. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

Is the rest of the RV in good shape? This will cost several thousand dollars. Be sure that investment in this old a rig will pay off.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 month ago.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!