RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Help Hurricane on the way need to move dish won't go up or…

Customer Question
Help Hurricane on...

Help Hurricane on the way need to move dish won't go up or down screen states EL motor home failure what do i do phone(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Satellite dish on a motor home

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2013 newmar dutch star winegard was installed 3 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have tried nothing went up on the roof and checked there is nothing obstructing the operation

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it will not move and the storm is coming

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/10/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try this procedure below and it should work.If it does not apply to your model or does not work let me know.

The EL Calibration is as follows:
-Press and hold "enter" on the interface box until "enter user menu" appears.
-Press "select" to move the * next to yes, and then press "enter"
-Press "select" 2 times until the * is next to "installation" then press "enter"
-When asked for password, press "enter" 4 times
-Press "select" until the * is next to "calibrate EL", and then press "enter"
-Press “Select” to move the * to yes, then press ”enter”
-It will then say “calibrate el in progress”
-It will then say "on EL hard stop." Verify with customer If the satellite is still pointing straight up press "select" to move the * next to yes, and then press "enter"
-It should say calibrate EL success. Once it does press "enter"
-Press "select" until the * is next to "exit"
-It should now say "power off: yes/no." Press "select" to move the * next to yes and then press "enter"
-It may come up and say EL MOTOR HOME FAILURE again, if it does press enter and it will say STOWING

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete