RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The batteries are an issue, the unit is a Gulf Stream Vista…

Customer Question
The batteries are an...

The batteries are an issue, the unit is a Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Mini and even when plugged into 110 v service both the house and motor batteries are dead in 3-4 days.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

All are brand new. the front is a AGM Mercedes Sprinter battery, and the house are 2 AGM Golf batteries connected in series to yield 12 v service.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried 1) added a Blue Sea voltage control unit to not allow house batteries to drain the motor battery. didn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to determine if our current drain exceeds the inverter generator that lives under the fridge. It seems small and rather cheap.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
9/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Do you have a small digital multimeter for some testing? That would allow us to test the converter and see if that is charging properly. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I an direct you in this.

Have just don't know how to test it without pulling the fridge.

Do it at the load center where the fuses are. I can give you a call as soon as Customer Service clears your payment.

verified the payment all looks fine.

What is the make and model of your load center? Take the cover off so you can get to the fuse block leads. Heavier wires coming in from the converter. We can test this there.

I​ just tried again..........no good yet. It may take a few for Customer Service to get this cleared.

can't figure out what is wrong with the CC, it took the $5 charge without issue.

It is probably a fraud alert. When two charges to the same place show up close together it can trigger that.

Did you get the cover off the load center?

Never did get any word on this back from Customer Service. Do you still need some help to resolve this issue?

gene
gene
gene, RV Mechanic