RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have one of your 40cck cottages & we all of a sudden have…

Customer Question
Hi-we have one of...

Hi-we have one of your 40cck cottages & we all of a sudden have no power from our gfci outlets & I can't seem to figure out how to reset them-pleaassseeee! HELP!!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent.the 2 outlets @ the front that the lamps are plugged into & the one outlet @ the counter.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

It is a 2016 40cck cottage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to as we are parked @ a lake full time.i have looked everywhere for a reset button-can't find one & have tried turning the main breaker off & on-no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really-just hope he can help-tks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

The reset button in in the middle between the two plug sockets. One for test and one for reset. Push that in to reset it. If it won't then the breaker for that circuit may be tripped in the main load center OR what ever tripped it is still got it shorted out with some feedback. Hope that helps. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

sounds good randall-sure hope you can help.

One in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area.

Just checking back to see if you found those and were able to correct this problem?