RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2006 Winnebago 30 ft Sightseer ,but I hear like air…

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Winnebago 30 ft Sightseer ,but I hear like air leak sound when I'm driving on the freeway at high speeds

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

My hoses are the original and the driving condition are on the freeway towing a jeep liberty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have taking the cover off the engine and visiualy check all the hoses and the connection for any sign of defect or cracks. And also ran the engine with the cover off to tryto hear or see any noise but could not detect any prblems or sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had my front two winshields replace a few months ago could that be the cause of the noise ? I do drive my motorhome offroad on bumpy dirt roads for several miles

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/10/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I​t might be if they didn't get them sealed well. You almost need someone to stand up and listen closely while you drive to get this figured out. You should be getting a good breeze as well. Perhaps use a candle CAREFULLY and watch the flame. That can be helpful. Make sure it is not the driver! Maybe take it back to whoever did the glass installation and have them check the seals. Corners can be troublesome.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!