RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2012 gas tioga ranger 31 ft. I need to drain my clear water…

Customer Question
2012 gas tioga ranger...

2012 gas tioga ranger 31 ft. I need to drain my clear water tank but am unclear as to where the drain is located.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Starts fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Filled clear water tank and added sanitizer. Now need to drain tank.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/10/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

My info isnt showing the exact location on this model as all are different but in most all cases if you locate the fill for fresh water then look under the Tioga in that area you will see either a capped off pipe/hose hanging that will be the drain or a drain pit cock that twists to drain.It will be in the area of the fresh water tank which is in the area of the fill spout.If you have already checked for this let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete