peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

1994 suncruiser roof air both ac uinits usedto ruj n on 20

Customer Question

1994 suncruiser roof air both ac uinits usedto ruj n on 20 amp but will not now?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: they run ok for 5 min then the breaker cuts out
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just wondered if the ac units may need a gas (freon) charge?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the breaker is cutting out this indicates that one or both ac units are drawing to much power.This occurs when the compressor or fan is drawing to much power and it is usually the compressor itself.It may just be one of the ac units at fault here with the compressor needing replaced.This wont be an issue with low freon.

The ac units need to be tested to locate which one is causing the excessive draw then from there it can be tested further to locate if this is the compressor at fault or another component at fault with that ac unit itself.This usually requires an amp meter to test the draw.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete