RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My air conditioner only runs on high now, no i haven't is…

Customer Question
My air conditioner only...

My air conditioner only runs on high now

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No i haven't is that where i should start?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

Rv is 13 years old but the ac was replaced about 5 years ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

My first move was to contact you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Rv is about 30 miles from nearest dealer.would like to fix it myself if possible, i live in canada so hot weather is almost over so its not an emergency

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
9/10/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Are you saying low and medium speed settings do nothing with no air flow at all from the ac unit?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

I can assist you with this. May I have the make and model of this A/C and the style of thermostat? Analog slide control or digital version? I have an RV repair shop and work on these all the time. All follow ups are included in our fee and there is no time limit.

J​ust following up to see if perhaps you missed my earlier responses to your question? Easy to do considering the volume of e-mail that most of us get every day! If you need me to resend it please let know. Thanks!