RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I just got a 1999 Dolphin v10. Slider is not retracting. I…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a 1999 Dolphin v10. Slider is not retracting. I hear a click but nothing happens. Batteries are charged

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

We have RV in back yard extended to cleanse we just bought it from friend. Extended Worked fine. Click from somewhere below.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '99 RV?

Dolphin 8000bl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Charged batteries

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to manually bypass

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 day by:
9/11/2017
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 11 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately my info isnt showing how to bypass this here as some models have a manual way to crank it.In some cases you can contact a dealer and they may be able to tell you over the phone on how this is done.From what you have described you may have a faulty motor for the slide needing replaced or maybe the vehicle isnt level to allow the slide to work properly.This will have to be checked into/tested further to locate the cause and then repaired from there to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete