RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Brand new rockwood mini with suburban sw6del water heater…

Customer Question
Brand new rockwood mini...

Brand new rockwood mini with suburban sw6del water heater that wont light...there was no pdi done prior to delivery...long story, but wondering if something wasnt done to get it to work..gas is getting to it, light on control panel inside by switch has a light that goes on and off like its trying to light, but dont hear the igniter...

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The control panel inside where the switch is ..when you flip the water heater on theres a red light that goes out then comes back on..by the dsi switch

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have only tried to call a warranty person as dealer is 100 miles away

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
9/9/2017
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 8 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Does it spark and try to light or not at all? And give me some time to respond as I am on another call here.

No sound of an ignitor at all

Good voltage in the battery? Plugged into shore power or not.

dont wish to call as this is a warranty issue....just trying to see if its something obvious...as the unit was not pdi'd...I can tell, and the delivery was fast and crazy...not even cleaned up so Im thinking its possible they didnt do something at delivery
everything good..plugged into power...but the gas use side is the problem

T​hat sounds like either the board is bad or may have a bad connection. See the attached link for a copy of the Suburban Service Manual. Print this out so you have it. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/hflamefurn04.pdf

thanks!

The control board is on the rear of the water heater on the wall or ceiling of the compartment. Unplug it and plug it back in again. See it that corrects this. Too bad they didn't do the PDI service! Chew them out good! Maybe call the OEM and report this.

not an atwood its a suburban..

You are most welcome! Whooops! That was the link from another question. Be right back.....

If you have an Atwood Furnace that might help!

Yeah...the company is BEST RV in Turlock CA...known for good prices and bad service....it was 110 outside and all were in a hurry...but...its 100 miles away so trying to see if its simple..its a Suburban sw6del

Did you get that link to the correct manual?

he's checking the plug in now....we did get a manual...just checking to see if there was something obvious they were supposed to hook up, drain out or switch on during pdi...it came winterized so we werent sure if it had something to do with that...would the electric side work even if the gas side didnt?

If the water heater is empty it will burn out the heating element quickly. Water in it now? If so, check the master switch on the outside down in the lower left hand corner. Be sure that is on.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to sort this out? If you need more, please get back to me later.

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification