Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We were cooking breakfast this morning and we lost power to

Customer Question

Hello, we were cooking breakfast this morning and we lost power to the the water pump and the levels test indicator panel..any ideas?
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It is consistent on the items that quit working...the water pump, the vent Hood, the microwave,
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Winnebago sightseer
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: Hold on for the year, let me ask my husband
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We r trying to. We have checked the fuses and the breakers under the refrigerator​
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 2004 is the year model
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

What is the make and model of the 2004?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Winnebago sightseer
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

OK

Give me a few mins to type a response.....

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

SO that indicator panel should use a printed circuit board and if all the fuses are good the board could be the problem. What I would do is check all your exterior fuses and breakers as well. Go to the battery and make sure you do not have a fuse on a smaller wire near the battery that is blown. I am going to pull a print right now and have a look at this for you to see if it gives a dedicate fuse location to that panel.... Please give me several mins to look that up...

Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That sounds great, i am more than patient for someone who knows more about this than we do ��
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

I will try my best, ***** ***** some time to look at the prints.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Going to give you prints as I find them which might help out as you can see where the main power and ground run into it... Click HERE to view, I am still looking at other prints. On one page you can see the board I was talking about it is PCB

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, we are about 15 minutes away from our next camping spot and then we will start checking everything out and give you some feedback
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

IF you click HERE you will see a row of round re settable breakers, these would be outside and the removable panel would say automotive and coach circuit breakers, make sure no breakers are tripped in that box. Still looking as well.

You will have to look at the first print and see if you have voltage going up to the panel, if no voltage then it has to be a blown fuse, tripped breaker or wiring issue, if you have voltage then it sounds like the PCB board..

I will be in and out today so if you do not get a response right away do not worry, I always respond back when I can.

Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, we understand. Once we park we r there for the day so we will work together, I completely understand, thank you again
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

No problem at all... Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On the automotive coach and circuit breakers, how do you know if they are tripped? And if so is just pushing them enough to reset them?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Yes they pop out when they trip so they should stay in when they reset.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, we triple checked them, they are all in.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

You are going to have to look at the prints and see if you are getting voltage to the panel. I think it showed a black and white wire that supplies the voltage to panel. I will take another look to see if there are anymore hidden fuses... Robert

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only other fuses/breakers we can find are a panel under the refrigerator. 6 breakers and about 10-12 fuses. We have checked all fuses there and switched all the breakers off and back on. We will double check the prints now
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The panel has a button for the generator to start and stop and that is working fine. We can turn it on and off using the button. However we cannot check any levels, and our vent Hood above the oven and both were working fine earlier.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Umm the fuse for that panel is a 15 amp fuse in the interior box. Click HERE see last page right corner. Make sure that fuse has voltage, get a test light and check, if you had a loose connection on the back side you would never know by just looking at the fuse. IF that fuse is good the panel should be working and all the functions which points towards that PCB board.

Hope this helps. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 25 days ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert